Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What a difference a day makes

The view from my balcony on Sunday:
L1060032

The view from my balcony on Monday:
L1060050

Ok, I know I'm the worst blogger in the world, because I haven't been, um, blogging. I wish I could say I've been too busy, but with all the national coverage this snowstorm in nyc has been getting you'd probably figure out that's not true. I've been holed up in my apartment for 3 days, working from home. I only left to drop off drycleaning, which was only across the street, and even that took about 10 minutes just to cross the crazy mountains of snow outside.

So things have been good. My parents included Chris on our family's Christmas card, which was unexpected to say the least. I didn't get to go home for the holidays because I was working, and flights were crazy expensive (and it's just as well that I didn't because I'd probably be stuck in a layover in Denver right now). I did get to skype with them, but it wasn't quite the same- I think I'll try to go back and visit early next year.

Chris and I have been cooking a ton. Mostly cold weather stuff.

He gave me a better Christmas gift than I gave him. Argh.

The thing is, with gay couples that live together, I'm pretty sure that both people get the same amount of use out of any gift item. Example, last year I gave him a North Face jacket that I wear all the time too. He got me a cast iron dutch oven that we both use to cook (and is amazing, for anyone who is debating getting one).

Sorry this post is so late and so boring. I'm really thinking of changing up this blog, maybe freezing this one and moving to tumblr or some new format just to change it up a little... I really loved this format, but I don't feel like I'm in the same place that I was 2 years ago when I started it, and maybe it's time for something completely different...

2 comments:

  1. Hi ill, your blog is great,so please don't stop blogging :). I've been following it since the beginning. I used to be closeted too. But your blog encouraged me to come out, and it's the best feeling. I haven't had a single bad experience as of yet. And somehow, i met a great guy. He's been my boyfriend for almost a year now, and it's the best feeling.

    So thank you,
    Greetings from Sweden / T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yep, I feel the same way about my blog. I picked up twitter, and tend to update that with thoughts more often than I take time to expand those thoughts into full blog entries.

    Re: your parents, cool! I really hope my parents respond the same way when we get to that step.

    ReplyDelete