Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Domesticity and stuff and stuff

Domesticity Update


Chris moved his stuff in last week! We've been living together for about 2 weeks, really, and we had our first party here on Memorial day and it was a total success!

I told my Dad and he didn't sound super thrilled actually, but whatever, I'll let them be. Haven't talked to my Mom directly about it yet.

My new favorite thing


So this is a conversation I've had about 3 times in the past month.
Friend: Wow you guys are moving in!
Me: Yep.
Friend: That's huge! Moving in is like, the gay equivalent of getting married!
Me: [straight face] I would hope that getting married is the gay equivalent of getting married.
Friend: [liberal guilt for the rest of their life].

Hehe. I know, I'm bad.

Speaking of weddings


I have like 7 weddings to go to this year, most in California. It's costing me a fortune in plane tickets, hotels, and gifts. The monetary hit wouldn't feel quite so sharp if it wasn't all in support of such a shamelessly unequal institution. I know this all sounds a little tired, but there it is. So I think starting in 2011, I'm going to be up front with my friends and family and let them know that I just am not going to attend any weddings in states that don't allow gay marriage. I dunno if i'll be able to commit to this for real, but we'll see.

Oh yeah


Anyone have any recommendations on how to stop the ridiculous comment spam? I even turned on the captcha thing and I still get flooded with it.

2 comments:

  1. Great response about marriage! Congrats on the move in! Looks like things are going amazingly!

    California is the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME. Love the exchange. I'll be stealing that line eventually...

    ReplyDelete